Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Kiwanis Club of Polk City meets the first and third Thursdays at Boulder Inn

Are you looking for ways to get to know people in your community? To connect with others—and get involved in projects that change lives? Then you’ve come to the right place. Kiwanis is all about making friends—and making an impact—in your local community. Kiwanis clubs focus on changing the world by serving children, one child and one community at a time.  We are looking for members who want to spend a little or a lot of time in helping our local children.  If you are willing to learn more about Kiwanis or any of our local activities please attend a Kiwanis Club if Polk City meeting or email
hromatko2@msn.com.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Kiwanis Club of Polk City Collaborates with Polk City Soccer League

North Polk Soccer is selling Kiwanis Pasta tickets.  The soccer club will earn 20% of all tickets they sell.  These funds are to be used for soccer nets, field lining machine and other soccer needs.  The Kiwanis Club will put the remaining 80% of ticket sales back into the community's children's programs.
Contact any Soccer coach, child or Kiwanis member to buy presale tickets at $6.00(adult) and $4.00(child).  The pasta dinner is Sunday, September 28 from 11:00am - 3:00pm at Papa's Pizza on Polk City Square. 

Monday, July 14, 2014

Kiwanis Club of Polk City Annual Food Stand and Beef Barbecue

The Kiwanis Club of Polk City will be hosting its annual Food Stand and Barbecue this Friday and Saturday, July 18 and 19 during the Four Seasons Festival. The Food Stand will be open Friday from 3:00 to 7:00 pm and on Saturday from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm. We will be selling hamburgers, hot dogs and loose meat sandwiches and other items (and dollar off Beef Barbecue tickets through 4:00 pm on Saturday). On Saturday afternoon, we will also be selling Beef Barbecue sandwiches. The annual Beef Barbecue will be held on Saturday from 4:30 to 7:00 pm. If we have any Beef Barbecue sandwiches left after the dinner, we will be selling them in the beer tent area that evening. Proceeds from our Food Stand and Beef Barbecue go directly back to the community to help fund a variety of activities, projects and services targeting the children of our community. Please stop by the Kiwanis Food Stand or Beef Barbecue for your lunch, snack or dinner during the Four Seasons Festival. You can find dollar off Beef Barbecue tickets at your next visit to Reising Sun Cafe, from a Kiwanis member, and from our Food Stand through 4:00 pm on Saturday.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Polk City/Kiwanis Community Garage Sale

Go to "Events" tab and click on "Polk City/Kiwanis Community Garage Sale Map and Listings" to display the map and listings for the Saturday, June 21, 2014 community-wide garage sale. Print for your use. Enjoy your shopping!

Friday, April 18, 2014

Kiwanis Sponsored Polk City Community Garage Sale

The 8th Annual POLK CITY COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE sponsored by the Kiwanis is planned for Saturday, June 21 from 8:00am to 4:30pm (Rain or Shine).  REGISTER for the PC Garage Sale before June 7th and enjoy the following advantages: low cost of $10 includes maps for shoppers, ads placed in 11 media sites and Goodwill pickup site at Methodist Church afterwards.  Registration is online at:  Kiwanis:  www.kiwanisclubpc.blogspot.com OR Polk City: http://polkcity.org/index.php/departments/city-hall/.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Kiwanis Club of Polk City Palm Sunday Breakfast and Easter Egg Hunt

The Kiwanis Club of Polk City will be holding its Palm Sunday Pancake Breakfast on Sunday, April 13, 2014 from 8:00 am through 1:00 pm at the Polk City Community Room (next to the fire department). Tickets are on sale now. You can purchase tickets ahead of time from Kiwanis Club members for $1 off before the event; or at regular price from Michelle Dance, Ashley Art or the North Polk 5th grade band and piano students (all of which plan to perform or exhibit during the breakfast). 20% of their sales will be returned to them for their programs' use. Tickets are available at Reising Sun Cafe and at the Polk City Edward Jones office. You can also purchase regular priced tickets at the breakfast itself on Sunday, April 13. Adult tickets cost $6 each, and child tickets cost $4 each. Prices are the same as in prior years.

The Kiwanis Club of Polk City's Easter Egg Hunt will be held on Saturday, April 19, 2014 on the West Elementary School field. The hunt will begin promptly at 10:00 am (rain or shine). We look forward to having MANY children headed out on the hunt for all sorts of candy the bunny will be leaving on the field.

We hope to see you at the Palm Sunday Pancake Breakfast and the Easter Egg Hunt this April!